Employment and Internships
Events and Education Coordinator
Events Coordination – 80%
-In conjunction with the Executive Director and Program Committee: identify and outreach to speakers, select documentary films for 3 part series, and explore other program ideas. 25+ programs per year
-Handle all logistics for events, including speaker outreach, travel and accommodations, secure venue, day of event set up, materials production, etc
-Build and maintain relationships with various venues throughout the state to ensure access to space and expansion to new locations
- Work with Marketing and Development Committee to publicize and increase reach of events through the use of social media, website, online calendars, partner organizations, and press releases
- Travel with speaker to multiple events, when necessary
-Attend all fundraising meetings related to events with Executive Director, as well as assist in grant writing when appropriate.
-Manage technical aspects of Live-streaming in-person events, as well as all virtual events
Education – 20%
- Set up and manage all aspects of the New Hampshire Academic WorldQuest program, a high school global trivia challenge
-Outreach to NH high schools to increase the number of schools and students participating in the program; maintain relationships with schools already involved in the program
- In conjunction with the Education Committee, review all questions and study materials for the event. Create new questions as necessary
- Attend all Academic WorldQuest fundraising meetings with the Executive Director
- Work with Marketing and Development Committee to publicize and increase reach of event through the use of social media, website, online calendars, partner organizations, and press releases
-Manage logistics of winning team’s trip to Washington, DC for the national competition; including booking hotel rooms and flights
- Work with Education Committee to discuss opportunities to expand educational offerings, where appropriate
The World Affairs Council of New Hampshire is a small non-profit that works to leverage the unique skills of each employee. Opportunities to work on graphic design, media relations, technology, and other programs arise and the Council looks to engage its staff in new roles. The staff also helps each other to ensure that all programs and events meet the high standards WACNH has set.
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in an international field
- Passion for international affairs/ relations
- Highly motivated, self starter
- Experience with coordinating events
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to work evening events
- Basic Computer and Internet Skills
- Fluent in English with strong writing skills
- Knowledge of a Second Language and experience living abroad a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US. WACNH does not provide visa sponsorship
The World Affairs Council is committed to providing robust support for their staff, including fully covered health and dental care, gym access, discounted food at SNHU Dining Hall, and a generous vacation package. Salary is commensurate with experience, starting at $35,000.
Please send a resume and a writing sample to Tim Horgan (email@example.com)
Application Deadline: August 31st
We are currently accepting applications for 2021 internships to assist in our mission of bringing the world to New Hampshire. Minimum length of internship: three months. Please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Tim Horgan, or contact us to learn more.
Please check with your institution about academic credit or work study compensation for this educational opportunity. We are not able to offer paid internships at this time.